As part of my infection, I have been coughing a lot. I hoped that was what was causing it, but I didn't know for sure and was starting to become a little concerned. When I talked to my doctor this afternoon, she decided she would much rather me come in today than wait until next week.
So, the first thing they did when I went back was take me to the ultrasound room. I was going to have an ultrasound at my first appointment anyway because that's when they take some measurements of me, get a better estimate on the due date, and find the baby's heartbeat. That all went well, and the technician said the baby's heart rate was 92 beats per minute. (My doctor later told me that means it probably started beating just yesterday.)
John didn't show up until after the ultrasound, but he was there when my doctor checked me and told me what was happening. Apparently, one of the blood vessels near the site of implantation ruptured – most likely from my coughing this past week. The good news is that it shouldn't be a big deal and that it should heal quickly. Now, I should have no signs of bleeding by Monday. I wasn't told to take it easy or anything, but I do need to try to keep my coughing to a minimum. Now, I won't see my doctor again until April 4 when I am 11-weeks pregnant.
Oh, before I forget, here are some pictures of the newest edition to the Haley family. It's hard to tell much since the baby is just starting to form (that's one of the reasons why I didn't mind waiting until next week to have the ultrasound until the bleeding started), but at least it's proof there is a baby in there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment