We're back from our trip to Oklahoma. We had a nice visit with everyone – just wish I felt a lot better. It was hard to get going Friday morning since I still wasn't feeling too great, but we finally made it out of here before noon. That means we didn't make it to Stillwater until after 4 (after stopping for lunch on the way).
The first thing we did was head to good old Gallagher-Iba to inquire about tickets to the game. They didn't go on sale until 6 p.m. and we would have to order them online. And who knew how quickly they would sell since the Cowboys are on a winning streak. We wandered around Gallagher for a few minutes and ran into someone I used to work with at Sports Info. He said the Cowboys' practice was open to the public, so we decided to go in to watch for a little bit. Mara loved it. She would squeal when the guys would make a basket and cheered them on. We spent about 20 minutes there before she started to get bored, so we left. We decided that getting to watch practice along with the uncertainty of getting tickets and me not feeling well were enough to forgo the game the next day. One of these days we will make it to another game. :)
So, instead of spending most of our Saturday on the OSU campus, we got to visit with John's family and then we headed to Clinton and Evelyn's Saturday evening.
Overall, it was a nice trip despite my constant coughing and stomachache. I'm just so ready for this silly virus (along with the spotting) to be over. Hopefully it will be in the next day or two so I don't have to worry about it when we go to San Antonio this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment