I've been having some issues with my department here at work, so I thought a good way to ease some of the tension would be to take a personality test last week. Not only did it allow them to find out more about themselves, but they were also able to find out more about others in the department.
As for me, I'm sure most of you aren't surprised to hear that I'm a perfectionist. This is the third time I've taken the same test since I started working here at TSG, and while I've put different answers, it's the third time it's categorized me as a perfectionist. What can I say? :)
Anyway, the test says that "Perfectionists are systematic, precise thinkers and workers who tend to follow procedure in both their personal and work lives. Extremely conscientous, they are painstaking in work that requires attention to detail and accuracy. Desiring stable conditions and predictible activites, Perfectionists are most comfortable with a clearly defined work environment. The desire specifics on what is expected, how much time is required, and how the work will be evaluated.
"Perfectionists may bog down in the details of the decision-making process. They can make major decisions but may be criticized for the amount of time they take in gathering and analyzing information before deciding. Although they like to check out the opinion of their managers, Perfectionists for take risks when they have facts that they can interpret and use to draw conclusions."
Kind of fits, huh?
It also says that perfectionists fear anatagonism. Maybe that's why I've been having so many problems with my peeps lately. Hmmmm. In fact, one of the people I've been having issues with is the complete opposite of me on the graph and loves to be antagonistic.
All five of us in the department agreed with the outcoming of the tests. While some didn't agree with some of the specifics, I definitely see those traits in them. It's amazing how selecting 28 words that either best or least fit you can pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to your personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment