Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Positives and the Negatives

I have to admit it – I am a positive person. In most cases, I don't look at the underlying intent and try to take things at face value. I don't like to think that people may be deceiving me or lying to me. I like to think that people are honestly trying to make amends for past mistakes or just don't think how other people may view what they say or do. I like to think that people don't have a hidden agenda unless they have exhibited some other signs.

Apparently not many people I work with are like that.

It seems like I'm surrounded by negative people or at least people who think others are out to get them. Actually that's not true. When they don't feel that others are out to get them, they think that others don't want to be bothered so they read too much into electronic communication. This makes it really hard to work with these people because it seems like I have to constantly smooth ruffled feathers. Additionally, their attitude bring every one near them down. And sometimes, it seems like they don't ask questions or tell anyone they need help just so they have yet another thing to complain about.

I'm not asking for people to be happy all the time, but at least let something else come out of your mouth besides negativity and complaints. But until people can see that for themselves and decide to act differently, I just have to suck it up and deal with it. I'm a manager now, so let's see if I can enact some changes – at least here at the workplace. And if not, at least I have a wonderful family that I go to at night to get away from all of the crazy people here at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Just read your blog.

And you are a positive person. But dealing with people can get sticky. Church, work, or even neighbors, you discover that some people have their own view and that's that.

I'm just glad you and John are the calm sort, basically happy and rolling with the punches.

love
Pat