Monday, February 18, 2008

The Best Valentine's Day Present

I know it's several days late, but we wanted to wait until we at least tell our family before I posted it here (especially since some family members read this blog ;) ). We are excited to announce that we are expecting our second child in October.

I say this is the best Valentine's Day present ever because I found out I was pregnant on Valentine's Day. I didn't tell John because he was still sleeping when I left for work. Instead, I had already bought a card for Mara to give to him, so I just added "& Baby" to the signature and presented it to him Thursday night.

After giving it a few days to sink in (and to tell our families), I scheduled my first prenatal appointment today. Hopefully we'll get to see our newest little one via ultrasound when I go to see my doctor March 6.

It's still really early in the pregnancy (I'm not even 5 weeks), but I thought I would go ahead and share the great news. For those of you who are interested, I added a ticker to the sidebar that shows how far along I am. I posted one for Mara as well.

Needless to say, we are both very excited. It's even better that we get to share this experience with so many of our friends who are also expecting babies this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! Gone are the days of zone defense. Welcome to the world of man to man!