Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our Little Backseat Driver

It looks like we have a backseat driver in the making. For some reason recently, Mara has been very vocal when we're driving around. Usually she's more concerned about what the other cars might do to us, but that's not always the case. And I don't think she got it from me because I'm not really that much of a "side-seat" driver (and John agrees).

Here are some examples of what we've been hearing from the backseat.

"Stop, car! Stop! You're going to hurt someone!"

"Be careful, Mommy!" (And I wasn't even driving – John was.)

"Watch out for that tree!"

"Daddy, don't hit the tree!"

"Look out for that car!"

"Ah! Look out! Look out!"

"Watch out!"

"Stop, car. You have a red light."

Looking back on this list, it makes me wonder what happens in the car when I'm not there. :)

No comments: