Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sick Child

Mara is hardly ever sick. A couple of weeks ago we kept her home from school because she threw up during night and we didn't know why; however, you couldn't tell that she had been sick during the night.

That's why I was surprised to hear that yesterday when John picked Mara up from school, they said she had a temperature and was pretty lethargic. I took her temperature last night, and it was above 103 degrees. She didn't want to do anything except sit on the couch and watch TV. Then, she was up off and on all night, so I stayed home with her today.

One of the advantages to having a sick child means that they can be awfully cuddly. That is also a disadvantage because it means they stick to you like glue. Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time with my daughter today, but I wouldn't trade that time. Unless, of course, I end up sick too. :)

Luckily, she's feeling better now, and hopefully she'll be able to go back to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Hope she gets to feeling better. No fun for anybody when you have a sick little one.

Anonymous said...

I understand the good and the bad of a sick baby.

Praying for all three of you. You guys are such a blessing.

Pat