Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween at the Zoo: Dallas Zoo

We got back from Kansas City very early this morning, and hit the ground running with a very busy weekend. Today alone, Mara had skate school, a birthday party, and then a trip to the Dallas Zoo.

Even though we had to leave early, I took Mara to her friend Taylor's party at a local park.





We were supposed to meet up with our Girl Scout troop for Halloween Nights at the Dallas Zoo tonight, but only the troop leader showed up too. We still had a fun time, though, but it wasn't like what I expected. We didn't get to see nearly as many animals as I thought we would, and all of the treat stations just gave out candy. Since we had to pay a premium admission, I thought Mara and Jack would at least get neat things, such as zoo animal trading cards or at least something zoo related. Based on those disappointments, I don't think we'll be attending this event again. We might try Fort Worth Zoo's Boo at the Zoo next year. Maybe it is better.





Mara and Jack both touched an alligator.




And we got to see a baby rhino.



Posing with the penguins from the new Happy Feet Two movie coming out soon.


No comments: