Jack has been needing a haircut for a while, so we finally took him to get one today. When we left the Disney on Ice show, the kids played at a nearby fountain, so here are their before pictures.
Jack did not like the clippers, and he cried through most of the haircut. I don't know much about boy haircuts, so I left it up to John. It ended up being much shorter than I was expecting, but I really liked it after I got used to it.
Since we were taking Jack, Mara asked if she was going to get her hair cut as well. I told her that it needed to be trimmed anyway, so I told her she was. She surprised us, though, when she told the stylist she wanted her hair cut to her shoulders. I have always let her make her own decisions about her hair. The only thing I don't really want her to do is have bangs again, but she's against them as well. I tried to convince her to not get so much cut off, but she insisted. The stylist actually left it an inch or two longer than Mara wanted (she wanted it barely touching her shoulders), but I think it will be close to that by the time it dries.
When I took a ruler to the hair she had cut off, it looks like it was 5.5 inches (probably close to 6 inches if I straightened it). However, because the stylist cut up on one side of the ponytail, I know she had more than that cut off.

















No comments:
Post a Comment