You might notice that I have skipped our daily picture for July 6. That's because I wasn't quite ready to share the picture for that day, but here it is.
We are happy to announce that we are finally expecting again, and I will be 15 weeks tomorrow and due March 14. I guess we're meant to have March babies. :)
While we've already told our families and some of our friends, I wanted to wait a while to share the news here on our blog (at least make it through the first trimester). Plus, we've already made it past the mark where I had both of my miscarriages as well as the dreaded 15-week mark where we found out about the first loss.
I took my first test on June 30, which was the day of my yearly appointment. I thought there might be something on the test, but I wasn't going to get my hopes up. Besides, it was still too early to really tell. I expressed my concerns to my doctor about having difficulty getting pregnant since we had been trying for eight months, but little did I know that I already was.
I took my second test on July 4, and there was no denying it that time. It was still faint, but I was still one day shy of being 4 weeks along. I didn't tell John until I took the third test confirming that I was indeed pregnant on July 6.
We took our family picture the day before, so I created something with that to tell John our good news. I laater used it again to make the announcement to my family.
And just because I had some extra tests, I kept testing to make sure the line was getting darker. The first picture below is from July 12, while the second one shows my tests from July 6, 9, and 12.
I've had all of the symptoms so far – fatigue, nausea that lasted for more than a day, headaches, pains, and food aversions. The nausea is new to me since it lasted no longer than a day with all three of my previous pregnancies.
I went to my 6-week appointment on July 24. (I was actually a couple of days shy of being seven weeks.) I added a post here that goes into details for that appointment. It also includes the picture for that day. :) My second appointment was August 24, and the post about that appointment is here. I went back for my third appointment yesterday and posted about it here.
I hope and pray that this is it. That I'll get to feel this baby move inside of me and that we'll get to find out the sex of this baby. I'm still a little scared of what might happen, but I know that there's nothing I can do – it's all in God's hands.
And now that I finally made the announcement, I can go back and post some blog entries that I was holding off on until I felt comfortable posting this one. :) Here are the links to the various entries:

No comments:
Post a Comment