I went to the doctor today for my first appointment, and it looks like everything is fine so far. We got to see the little peanut ina sonogram. The sonogram put my due date as March 15, which is pretty close to my estimated due date of March 14, and that close enough for my doctor since it looks like everything is right on schedule. The baby's heart rate was 136. An old wives' tale says that boys have lower heart rates (around 130-140) while girls are higher (150-160). Mara's was higher, so maybe this one is a boy. :)
Today's picture is one of the pictures we got. I know it doesn't look too much like a baby yet, but it will get there.
I have been spotting ever so slightly, but there is a small pool of blood near the baby. It's only the size of a pinky nail and should resolve itself, but my doctor wants to make sure it does go away. That may mean I get to see the baby again at my next appointment on August 24, but we'll have to wait and see.
This may be too much information, but it looks like I ovulated from my right ovary this time, which is the same one that produced Mara and the opposite one that ended in both of my miscarriages.

No comments:
Post a Comment