Monday, September 21, 2009

Tiny movements

Last week, I started feeling some movement in my abdomen, but I didn't know if it was the baby or not. Partly because I didn't want to get my hopes up in case we didn't get good news at my appointment last Friday. In addition to hearing the heartbeat during my appointment, my doctor also told me that I should start feeling some movement in the next week or so.

Saturday night, we were laying in bed, and I started feeling the same movement I did earlier in the week. I felt my abdomen, and I could feel a hardness where the baby was. Then, I would feel the movement go from one side to the other, and I noticed that the hardness moved as well. So, I guess I have been feeling the baby moving.

It still comes and goes (mainly late in the evening), and I usually have to really concentrate to feel it. But, it's nice to know that soon I'll be feeling the baby moving all the time. I'm really looking forward to John and Mara being able to feel the movement themselves.

No comments: