Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Monday, June 13


The kids went back to daycare today, and I think they were glad to be back. John didn't have any problems dropping Jack off, and I think Mara is really looking forward to all of the field trips she'll get to take this summer.

Tuesday, June 14


After many years together, I had to say good-bye to my curling iron today. I knew it wasn't going to last much longer when it started putting off a funny smell a couple of months ago, and today was the day. The light was on when I plugged it in, but it was still cold when I went to go use it a few minutes later. Luckily, I have a backup one that I can use until I decide what I want to replace it with.

Wednesday, June 15



Mara worked on a Tangled/Rapunzel puzzle tonight and did a pretty good job. Jack just crawled around being cheesy.

Thursday, June 16


Grapes are one of my favorite fruits as long as they are sweet and not sour. I picked up a bunch of grapes at the store, and I thought they would go well with dinner tonight.

Friday, June 17


When Mara came home from daycare Monday, she complained about her shoes being too small. So, we ran by Penney's tonight to pick her up a new pair of Sketchers Tinkle Toes. While I wasn't too sure about the look when they first came out last year, I think now they really fit Mara's personality. Plus, she can wear them with or without the laces, but I think we'll get her some longer laces so she can learn how to tie them.

Saturday, June 18







We started off the day going to a special Father's Day Home Depot Kids Workshop where the kids built mini toolboxes. One of John's new co-workers has a daughter in kindergarten at Mara's school, and he invited us to her birthday party today. Mara enjoyed playing in the city pool and even showed us where she could be on her knees and still breath, and we promised her we would come back since we have rec memberships. Later, John was helping Diane install a design wall in her house, so I took the kids to the splash park down the street.

Sunday, June 19









We celebrated Father's Day today. I think the kids really enjoy John being able to spend more time with them now that he's off weekends. Since it's been a while since I had a picture of my dad and me, I made sure to get one. We'll need to do the same the next time we see John's family.

No comments: