Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fruity Kids

Tuesday, June 21


Mara went on her first field trip today with her daycare/summer camp. They went to a minor league baseball game where they all got hats. Mara said it was hot, but she had a lot of fun and wants to go to another game soon.

Wednesday, June 22


Jack has made it clear that grapes are one of his favorite fruits. Mara was eating them for dessert tonight when Jack climbed into my lap and started helping himself. He doesn't even want us to take the time to cut them up, so we just make sure that he only has one in his mouth at a time and keep a close eye on him.

Thursday, June 23



We had a pizza and swimming party for tonight's Daisy troop meeting. The pizza was a reward for each girl selling an average of 150 boxes of cookies each, and the swimming was just because it was fun. :)

Friday, June 24



Mara got her new shoes last Friday, and she already knows how to tie her shoelaces. She actually showed me she knew how to do it when I picked her up from daycare Monday, and now she has it down pat. I was concerned about her having to tie her own shoes, which is why I bought ones that don't really need laces, but I see now that I didn't need to worry about that.

Saturday, June 25




We took the kids to see Cars 2 today. Jack acted like such a big boy, sitting in the theater chair, but we got there too early because he didn't stay in that chair too much after the movie started and ended up falling asleep before it was over. Afterward, we grabbed a bite to eat, and Jack thoroughly enjoyed his watermelon.

Sunday, June 26



Mara's tomatoes finally turned red, and it was time to pick them. I guess they tasted fine because Mara didn't hesitate eating them with her lunch.

No comments: