Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bring on May

Monday, April 26



While Mara's been pretty good overall with her new brother, we've had a few issues with listening, whining, and crying. So, to help get her back on track for the Mara we all know and love, we started a reward chart where she can pick different prizes. So far, she has earned a DS game, and tonight she got to enjoy her second reward - dinner at McDonald's. Next, she wants to earn a trip to the zoo.

Tuesday, April 27


I almost made it seven weeks with nursing or pumping. I gave up the pumping this past weekend because I was just too sore and it took too much time to not produce much (2-4 ounces total in about 45 minutes with near constant massaging). It was more than I was getting when I quit with Mara, but it was definitely harder to spend the time I needed to with both of my children. I think my issues early on with Jack were definitely supply related because I never got more than 4.5 ounces combined even when I first started pumping, and that's what I should have been getting out of one side alone. So, now it's time to pack up my pump until the next time we have a baby.

Wednesday, April 28



Before Jack was born, we stocked up on diapers. I got several packages of Huggies because I had heard that the Huggies/Pampers preference was based n gender, and we liked Pampers with Mara. Well, after a couple of days with blowouts or near blowouts last week while wearing Huggies, we decided that Pampers were the diaper of choice for Jack as well. Apparently, the preference might have more to do with leg size, and our kids just don't have chubby legs. So this week, I took all of the unopened packages of Huggies and exchanged them for Pampers.

Thursday, April 29









Mara's school has a music class called Body Rhythmics, and tonight they had their once a year a demonstration to show parents and family what they learn during the class.

Friday, April 30











We went to a hoedown at Lori, Mikey and Lani's school tonight. The kids had a blast jumping, doing horse races, riding ponies, and petting animals. Jack even got to ride in the Snugli for the first time.

Saturday, May 1





We enrolled Mara in ballet through the city again, and she had her first lesson this morning. Afterward, we went to see Lori's skate competition, and ended the evening with Lani's birthday party at Sweet & Sassy. Mara really enjoyed getting her makeup, hair, and nails done. She even decided to get her ears pierced, which I blogged about here.

Sunday, May 2


We went to Lani's skating competition this afternoon before coming home and spending a relaxing day at home.

No comments: