Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This is a hard Mother's Day for me. This is the first Mother's Day without my mom. When you add that to what has happened the last 10 days or so, and I think you can see why today is difficult for me. But despite all this, I'm just going to make the best of the day and enjoy spending time with my little girl.

On the bright side, I originally though that John has to close tonight, which means he works 11 am to 8 pm (what I think is the worst shift since it means we don't have any time to do anything when he works those hours). Instead, he works from 9-6 and should come home early since he has some overtime to cut.

John and Mara went ahead and gave me my Mother's Day presents on Thursday so we would have some time to enjoy them. They got me a couple of games for the Wii (Mario Kart and Cooking Mama), and we've been having a lot of fun playing them. Tonight, we're going out to eat with my family. I have to decide where we're going to go, but it will be nice to spend some time with my family on this day.

No comments: