Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Better

Each day is getting a little better. It's now been a week since my D&C, and I don't really have any aches and pains anymore. All this week, I just kept saying I just wanted to make it through the week, and I did finally. I'm slowly getting out of my funk and starting to feel a little better. I can now think of what happened last week without bursting out in tears. Looking back, it's hard to believe the wide range of emotions I've been through the past week or so.

Even though things are getting better, I decided to take the afternoon off today since John was off too. It was nice to spend some time together just the two of us while Mara was at school. It's a rarity that we get to do that.

Part of the time today was spent trying to set up our new computer. Yes, you heard that right – we finally got a new desktop computer. Our old one was nine years old (we got it right after our first anniversary), so we were way overdue. We found a really great deal on a computer at Best Buy that was actually mismarked, but they gave us the discounted price anyway. I told John that it was part of our 10th anniversary present to each other. The other part of our present will be a short weekend getaway somewhere. I think right now we're leaning toward Shreveport, Louisiana, but we'll see. I guess we should decide soon, though, since we only have about six weeks until our anniversary.

But going back to the original subject. I'm just going to keep pushing ahead. I'm ready to go back to my doctor to find out what she says, and then we should be back on the road to trying to conceive.

No comments: