Wednesday, September 14
We got a lot of patches at our troop meeting last week, and I finally got them on her uniform. I don't know if there's going to be enough room for all of the patches that she's going to earn this year, so I guess I'll just have to get creative with the placement of them.
Thursday, September 15
While I intend to keep Jack rear facing in the van for a while, we decided it was time to turn him around in John's car since no one can really sit in the passenger seat otherwise. He didn't know what to think at first, but we think he likes facing the same direction as Mara.
Friday, September 16
Mara loves to go to sporting events and has been asking about going to a football game ever since John started working at an area high school. Tonight was the first home game for the team, but about 15 minutes before kickoff, a thunderstorm rolled in. We still went to the stadium and waited for a little bit, but it didn't look like it was going to let up, and we didn't really want to sit in the rain to watch the game. At least we were able to experience the goodness that is Sonic's pumpkin pie shake before attempting to go to the game.
Saturday, September 17
The local balloon festival was this weekend, and we were on the fence about going to it. We decided to go to a parking lot near where the balloons would be launched because we didn't feel like partaking in the festival itself. While waiting for the balloons, Mara, Lani, and Jack ran around and played. Come to find out, it was too windy for the balloons to launch, but at least the kids had fun anyway.







No comments:
Post a Comment