Friday, September 30, 2011

18-month Appointment

I took Jack in for his 18-month appointment today. He's doing really well. He walked down the hall to the room, but then he wouldn't walk into the room since the nurses were there. I had to pick him up and carry him in.

His doctor said he looks good. She got to see how well he is progressing with his walking (finally!). When she heard how many words he says (and even heard him jabbering in his "Jack-inese"), she agreed that he was working more on his verbal skills than his gross motor ones, and the only reason to be concerned is if his walking doesn't keep improving.

Jack's 18-month stats:

Height: 32.5 inches (50th percentile)*
Weight: 21 pounds, 12 ounces (10th percentile)

Jack listened to books on my Nook to help pass the time while we were waiting.



*Like last time, I have a feeling Jack's height may have been a little off because she didn't have me hold him still while she marked the paper, and she even walked around me to get to his feet. I don't know how much he moved, though, so it could be right too. He just seems much taller than he did six months ago. :)

No comments: