Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Everything will work out, right?

For the second year in a row, life has thrown us a curve ball in March. I called John during lunch today while I was out running errands for Mara's birthday, and he told me that he lost his job that morning.

The last time either one of us was without a job was before kids, so now we have to decide what to do with Jack and Mara's daycare. Just yesterday, Mara was asking me if she could be a walker on days that John doesn't work. I guess we'll talk to their daycare and see if we can pull them until John finds another job. I'm not worried about Mara, but I hope they can keep a spot open for Jack. At the same time, it might be best to keep Jack there for now so that John has time to look for a job.

I've been ready for John to move on from Home Depot for a while now. It was supposed to be a filler job that ended up lasting eight years. I'm thinking that this was God's way of telling John he was done with Home Depot, but we're waiting to see what some people find out since this came out of the blue. However, I don't think he'll be going back.

So, if anyone knows of any job openings in the DFW area, let us know.

2 comments:

Melissa Potter said...

So sorry to hear about John's job. We went through this 2 years ago. It was hard for us, but a blessing at the same time. We chose to pull the girls out of day care and it was the best decision. Wes got to spend quality time with the girls. He would look for jobs during their nap time and would have the daycare "babysit" for interviews. When Wes got a job, the daycare was able to take both girls!

The Haleys said...

I really appreciate your feedback, Melissa, as well as everyone else's that we've received. For right now, we've pulled Mara but we're keeping Jack in daycare so John can looks for jobs and go to interviews and such. Hopefully he'll find a job before we have to pull Jack (probably around the end of the month), but thankfully the daycare will work with us to hold a spot for him. I know that things will be even better for us in the long run, but I pray it doesn't take too long to get there. However, everything will happen in God's timing.