Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mara's Princess Makeover Birthday Party

We decided to have a more low-key birthday party for Mara this year so we could do a little more, and I think it worked out really well. Mara invited a few friends from school, and she had her cousins over as well. Since we were doing a princess makeover, all of the boys went to go see a movie instead of sticking around for the party.

The decorations included items from both of her favorite princesses – Ariel and Rapunzel. We started off doing hair, makeup, and nails. Then, everyone snacked, and Mara opened her presents. She received a lot of the things she wanted with no duplicates. We then celebrated with brownie cupcakes.

I kept getting errors on my camera all evening, and I didn't find out until after the party that no picture was taken any time I got the error. That means that I completely missed out on getting pictures of Mara with her brownies despite trying to take several as well as some of the pictures I tried to take with her and some of her friends. :(











While I didn't get any pictures of Mara blowing out her candles, here is the video. You can tell that I attempted to take several pictures based on the number of times the flash went off.

No comments: