Friday, December 17, 2010

More Christmas Events

Monday, December 13


When Mara was having a rough stretch at school last month, we started drawing smiley faces on each other's hand. Mara's smiley face helps remind her to stop and think before she does things, and my smiley face is to remind me to think about her and pray for her.

Tuesday, December 14





Jack and Mara participated in the Christmas program at their daycare tonight. Even though I had to pick Jack up early from school because he was throwing up, they still let him ride with the babies. Mara sang "Silent Night" with the school-age kids.

Wednesday, December 15



We've been doing Secret Santa at my work the past few weeks. For the big gift, I got my a pair of socks, a Starbucks gift card, and some scratch-off lottery tickets (she won $2). I got a tower of sweets and snacks in nifty reusable boxes.

Thursday, December 16






For our last Girl Scout meeting this year, we toured our neighborhood fire station. Even Jack seemed to really enjoy it. Afterward, we drove by a house near us that has its lights set up to music.

Friday, December 17



I went to Mara's class for their winter party today. They made cookies and then crafted an ornament. As a special bonus, I was able to take Mara back home with me after the party, which made it easier for us to finish packing up to head out to San Antonio.

No comments: