Sunday, December 5, 2010

Celebrations & Holiday Spirit

Monday, November 29


I decided that I wanted monogrammed stockings for us this year, but I was having a hard time finding ones that I liked. That is until I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond today where I found exactly what I was looking for. Since I really like them, hopefully we'll be able to find them again if we decide to have any more children.

Tuesday, November 30


After John picked the kids up from school, they cuddled on the couch to watch a show.

Wednesday, December 1


The Elf of the Shelf came to visit us tonight. Mara decided to name the elf Fisher (Fish for short). You're not supposed to touch the elf so he doesn't lose his magic, but we made an exception for today since we had to to get him out of the box. We put him in the tree and the kids posed in front of him. Mara's really excited that Fish is here visiting us and wonders where she's going to find him in the morning.

Thursday, December 2


In addition to Fish visiting us, Mara is also doing an advent calendar. This year, her advent calendar is the LEGO one where she gets different mini figures or items each day starting December 1 and leading up to Christmas Eve.

Friday, December 3



It's been a while since I left the camera at Jack's school, so they took some pictures for us today. Jack is really enjoying eating the school food now.

Saturday, December 4













Mara put together a picture frame at the Home Depot Kids Workshop this morning, and then we went to Fort Worth today for a surprise birthday party for John's aunt Susan. After the celebration, we went to Burleson to see their Christmas parade. We didn't really come prepared to be out in the chilly weather for long, but luckily we had sweaters and jackets in the car to help keep us warm.

Sunday, December 5


After choir today, Mara went and picked up her angel costume. She's really excited about being an angel in next Sunday's Christmas program at church.

No comments: