2001 was not a good year for us. It started off with a series of deaths within five days in January, including my great aunt, John's grandpa (mom's dad), and friends and former co-workers at OSU who died in a plane crash. That year also included several trips to ERs and hospitals in general, including John's trip to the ER after his car accident and my dad's trip when he was hit by a car when walking and then again for a TIA.
There were several other minor events that year that affected us, but the one bright spot was buying our house on September 10. Of course, the following day will live in infamy worldwide. Ironically, 2001 was the last time we got a new (to us) car.
This year seems to be mirroring 2001 a little too closely for my tastes. So far this year, we have lost John's grandma (mom's mom), his grandpa (dad's dad), and his former brother-in-law. On top of that, we've also had to go to the ER for my dad (broken arm). Then last Wednesday, Jack started not feeling well thanks to teething, and John dislocated his kneecap during kung fu that night. Now, we find out that John has to have his knee scoped on Thursday because he has little pieces of bone fragment in his knee because of the dislocation.
However, I wouldn't trade 2010 for anything because it's also the year our son was born. Jack came at a time when there was a lot of sadness in the family, and I am so thankful that Jack's great grandfather (and namesake) was able to meet him before he died in September.
I have really been struggling with a negative attitude these past couple of weeks because it seems like if it's not one thing, it's another. I know God doesn't give us what we can't handle, but sometimes I really wish he would stop testing us. :) But after all that has happened, I am so ready for my 18-day vacation that starts this Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment