Monday, August 30, 2010

Salsa!

Mmmm...


We got some jalapeños when we were visiting John's family last weekend, and John picked up the rest of the ingredients to make our own salsa. We both really like Chili's salsa, and I found some recipes similar to it online a couple of weeks ago. John tried the Pioneer Woman's recipe. It was good, but it confirmed that I don't really like cilantro. (It's a dark green, so big surprise there.) While I still like the salsa, I think we're going to try this recipe next time. The main differences are equal amounts of canned tomatoes and Rotel, and no cilantro. :)

I'm excited that we can now make our own salsa. Plus, we've discovered that Mission tortilla chips are really good and cheap too. They even have an extra thin version, which I prefer.

And since John likes to cook and I like to bake, I'm going to try posting more of our recipes here – especially since the holidays are quickly approaching. I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. I might even bring out some family favorites that we've made the last few years. For my next baking adventure, I'm going to try making peanut butter cup cupcakes for John's birthday in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: