Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lost tooth

On the way to Lori and Lani's skating competition this morning, where they both won gold medals, Mara mentioned that her tooth was really loose and that she thought it would come out if she just took a bite of something. We joked around that we should get her a soft pretzel since that's how her cousin Lani lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago. A few minutes later, Mara exclaimed, "My tooth came out!" I reached back, and she dropped it into my hand.








While this isn't the first tooth that Mara has lost, it's the first tooth that she lost naturally. She's already put it under her pillow awaiting a visit from the tooth fairy.

After we got home, I was inspecting her mouth to see where her tooth was. I also looked at the very back because she hasn't been eating much recently, and I suspected it might be because she was getting her six-year molars. When I looked, I saw that one has already broken through on the top, and the other top one is about to come through too. (Excuse the orange lips and tongue – she was drinking a Sunkist right before I took the picture.)


Now that Mara has already lost her tooth (and gained another one), we're just waiting for at least one of Jack's to break through.

No comments: