Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 14, 2000

I started here at Tyler Technologies, then called The Software Group, 10 years ago on August 14, 2000. Hard to believe it's been that long. A lot of things have happened since then, but I am pretty happy with where I am right now.

My department completely surprised me today for my anniversary. When I walked in, they had decorated my cube in crepe paper. I didn't know why at first. Sure, I had been out of the office since last Wednesday, but usually they don't do anything like this when someone has been out for a few days. When I asked what the occassion was, I was told it was for my 10th anniversary. Even though it was implied that more was to come, I was happy with just the decorations.



Our manager sent us a request for a status meeting for 3 p.m., so I printed my project report and got all ready for the meeting. It was supposed to be in a different conference room from our usual meeting place, so I walked with some other people from the department and was just following along until we got to the kitchen. When we got there, one of the IT guys asked about the cake. I was confused at first because I had no clue why he would be asking us, but then I saw it said, "Happy 10th Anniversary," and that it had my boss' name on the order form that was attached. I know I was blushing because I had been so oblivious to what was actually happening, but that's what makes it such a great surprise.

I was given an award for my years of service, which included gift certificates to the company store and a company gift place (Bennett Brothers). It's nice to be appreciated. :)




Here is a close-up of my award.


And here is the Information Development team at Tyler.

No comments: