Thursday, March 4, 2010

A reminder that life is precious

We lost John's grandma today. From what John has told me, she suffered a stroke, and then her heart stopped beating when she got to the hospital. I'm sure she is happy now because she is back with her husband again, who died during that awful week in 2001.

Since I'm going to be having the baby Monday, there's really nothing we can do other than grieve. What makes it even harder on us is that we usually go to Stillwater to visit her each year in January, February, or March. However, this year, we decided to wait and make the trip in April since the four-hour drive would have been tough with me being in the last trimester of this pregnancy, and we thought it would be a good time for her to meet the baby. So, the last time we saw her was January 2009.

To honor John's grandma, I went back and found pictures from our trips up to visit her since Mara was born. We will always treasure the moments we were able to capture.

2005


2006



2007



2008




2009



The day started off on a rough note already when we found out that Kendra's ex-husband, Rick, who I asked you all to pray for when he was in a motorcycle accident back in July 2008, also passed away last night.

This is a hard time for all of John's family – especially his sister, Kendra – so I ask you to keep them all in your prayers.

No comments: