Friday, March 12, 2010

Following up

As part of our discharge, Jack and I had to go back to the hospital today. They wanted to check Jack's jaundice levels as well as see how I was doing with nursing. His jaundice has improved in just one day, but we were having minor issues with the nursing since he kept falling asleep while eating but then staying up most of the night acting like he wanted to eat. We finally figured out that I'm going to need to pump for a little bit until he can satisfy himself while nursing. However, we don't want to cause confusion, so he is being supplemented via a syringe and tube.

Lori had fun trying to feed him tonight, and it's nice to be able to share the feeding duties even if it does mean I have to pump again for a while. It's not so bad, though, since I'll need to pump anyway if I want to keep breastfeeding after I return to work.

No comments: