Apparently Mara isn't adjusting as well to Jack being here as she wants us to believe.
Mara was playing on the computer this morning when I noticed a chunk of her hair had fallen out in back. Of course my thoughts turned t the worst – that he had some sort of vitamin deficiency or an illness. More hair came out as I ran my fingers through it. Then, I noticed that her hair was shorter in some places, and I found a bunch of hair on the floor in our bathroom. Come to find out, she borrowed the haircut scissors to give her hair a trim. For now, it just looks like she added some layers to her hair, but apparently she cut it in front to the length she wants it to be. So, I guess we'll be taking her to get a real haircut sometime in the near future.
This haircut incident comes om the heels of her coloring the sheets on her bed earlier this week. She was trying to color on a sheet of paper on her bed, but it kept bleeding through the paper and making holes in it. As a result, she accidentally made some marks on her pillowcases. When she discovered the markers worked on her sheets, she then went and outlined one of the flowers on her sheets.
I know exactly why she's doing these things, and we haven't punished her yet. However, we've warned her that won't be the case the next time she tried either of these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment