I had another miscarriage this week. We haven't had a chance to tell everyone yet, but that's because it's hard to bring it up in conversation and there hasn't been a good time. So, sorry if this is how you're finding out (again).
I was supposed to go to the doctor for my 6-week appointment yesterday, but I called and moved it up to Tuesday because of spotting. By the time I made it to my doctor's office, the spotting had turned to bleeding. I went in for an ultrasound, and the gestational sac was only measuring 4 weeks, 4 days. (I was 5 weeks, 5 days pregnant.) The blood tests and ultrasound combined with the bleeding plus the cramping I had Tuesday night and Wednesday mean that there won't be a baby in the Haley household in June. Since my body is already taking care of things on its own, I'm just going to ride it out this time.
Since this miscarriage occurred so early in the pregnancy, we could theoretically start trying again as soon as possible, but my doctor wants me to come back in 4-6 weeks (December 5 to be exact) to run some blood tests and try to figure out why I've have back-to-back miscarriages after a successful first pregnancy. These miscarriages could just be two flukes in a row since neither one of them were anything alike, but at the same time, it would be nice to have answers and know how we can proceed. Having answers might also explain why we were able to get pregnant with Mara the first time we tried, yet it took 4-5 months with the other two pregnancies. And hopefully we'll be able to add to our family soon.
And now that everyone knows what's going on, that means I can go back and publish a few posts that I previously wrote about this pregnancy. I was waiting to post them once we announced the pregnancy, but I might as well put them out there now.
3 comments:
hi there,
I've been praying for life in your house, but I stopped praying. The next time you even suspect you are pregnant, let me know and I will intensify my prayers. I know you two will have a son, just don't know when.
much love and blessings
Pat
Hey there.
Sorry to hear the news. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything.
-Megan
Sorry to hear about your loss. You guys are in our prayers. Let us know there is anything we can do for you.
Post a Comment