Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, I thought now would be a good time to express what I'm thankful for.

I am so thankful for my family. Sure, things haven't gone as planned this year and we're not where I expected us to be, but that's OK. God will provide us with another child when the timing is right. Don't get me wrong, though. It's hard waiting and wondering when it's going to happen, but we just have to put our trust in Him.

I'm thankful for our extended families. We don't get to see you guys as much as we want, but we think about you guys all the time. We're looking forward to spending some time with all of you tomorrow.

I am thankful for our jobs. There are times when we might not be too happy with them or with the people we work with, but most of the time I enjoy what I do. Plus, it's good to know that our jobs are pretty secure when so many around us aren't.

I'm thankful for our health and that we don't have to visit the doctor much aside from routine checkups.

I'm thankful for our house. It might not be the cleanest and there is some work that still needs to be done to it, but it's ours. Just hopefully we'll get it picked up and put it in some order before anyone decides to stop by. :)

I'm thankful for our friends. We might not be the best at keeping in contact, but we always think about you guys. I cherish the time we do get to spend together – especially considering how crazy our lives are sometimes.

I'm thankful for the awesome season the OSU football team is having. Hopefully this Saturday they can show OU that there's another football school in the state of Oklahoma. Go Pokes!

I know that I've left out some things, but I really am just thankful for our lives right now. Hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

No comments: