Our walk was much shorter than I anticipated because I didn't realize exactly how cold it was, but it was still nice to get out. I'm glad the weather is getting cooler (it's about time!), but I have the feeling it's going to be back in the 80s soon. That's Texas weather for you.
Mara was fine riding in her stroller. To keep her hands warm, she stuck them under her leg. Luckily, I also brought along a pair of gloves for her to wear when she was playing on the playground.
You might not be able to tell from those pictures, but Mara got a haircut last weekend. It's just below her shoulders now, and she loves it. She had been asking us to shorten her hair for a while now, but I wanted to wait until after Halloween so she could still pull her hair back into a ponytail fairly easily.
I also found out today why I really like Mara watching the main Disney channels (Disney East and Disney West) – no commercials. There's a Phineas and Ferb marathon on Toon Disney this weekend. During every commercial break, they have at least one commercial for a toy, and Mara is constantly saying, "I want that." If it wasn't one of her favorite shows (see yesterday's post), I don't think I would put up with these commercials. From what I've seen of the various kids channels, it looks like the main Disney channels are the only ones that don't have commercials, and I am very thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment