Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Monday, May 2



Mara has been playing the game "Slug Bug" with her cousins for a few weeks now. On the way home, I saw a bright pink bug that I had to take a picture of to show Mara. After dinner, we pulled the whip cream out and let Jack have fun with it. He especially liked the noise it made as it came out.

Tuesday, May 3



We had spaghetti for dinner tonight, and Jack insisted on feeding himself. He didn't care that he managed to get it everywhere – including his hair. :)

Wednesday, May 4





We spent some time outside tonight, so I took some pictures of the kids. I think we've decided that Jack's eyes are the same color as mine – hazel but mainly green. Jack is doing a really good job at standing. Now he just needs to let go, stand on his own, and take a few steps. I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer for that to happen.

Thursday, May 5


Mara was the star student and line leader for her class today because she got three purples in a row. She only got a green today (still good) because she was so excited about being a star student and talked a little too much. Plus, John and Jack went and had lunch with her today.

Friday, May 6



Mara's school had a Spring Fling tonight, and we ran into her teacher while we were there. Mara had a lot of fun playing with her friends and just running around.


Saturday, May 7






The kids created a tulip plant stand at the Home Depot Kids Workshop today. Then, they got to go pick out a plant to put in it.

Sunday, May 8




Today was a good Mother's Day. I got to spend time with my family and just enjoyed being together. While it would be nice for John to have a job, I am really grateful that he is able to spend more time with us and that we can do more things as a family now. That also means that he's able to catch more of Jack's milestones now, like when he does the bear crawl.

No comments: