Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice and Snow Days

Monday, January 31


We dressed the kids in their warm PJs tonight since we have some cold weather moving in and the temperatures won't be above freezing for the next couple of days. I think they will be very thankful for that.

Tuesday, February 1



We knew that bad weather was coming in, but it came in earlier and canceled school today for the kids. There was a nice layer of ice over everything with more sleet/freezing rain coming down.

Wednesday, February 2



I thought that Jack's eyes were changing to green or hazel, but now I just don't know since they looked so blue when combined with the sweatshirt he was wearing today.

Thursday, February 3



We had been holding off changing Mara's earrings since she got them pierced last May because they kept bleeding whenever I would take them out. However, upon closer inspection, we discovered that the back of one of her earrings was actually causing a sore, which resulted in the bleeding. So now Mara isn't wearing her studs for a while and now gets to change her earrings. Today, she chose to wear her ladybug earrings.

Friday, February 4














We knew before going to bed that the kids would be out of school for the fourth day in a row and we were expecting some snow, but we were surprised when we woke up to 6+ inches of snow on top of the ice today. At least we could go out and play in that stuff, but we've decided that Jack doesn't like being cold because he protested being outside most of the time we were out there. It didn't help that he's outgrown his shoes, so we had to resort to putting plastic bags on his feet. Later, I went out and filled a bowl with snow and turned it into snow ice cream.

No comments: