Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

We got about 3-5 inches of snow today. It was the second time it's snowed since Jack was born, but this is the first time he was actually able to experience it. Mara has been hoping for snow since before Christmas, so she was ecstatic once we saw the huge flakes coming down. I think Jack was just excited to wear his new hat.

The flakes got smaller as the day got colder, but we still went outside a couple of times. The first time was for just a few minutes to see the huge flakes, so that's why none of us are wearing our coats and Jack is still in his PJs. We got all bundled up before heading back out for longer a little later.











Since he couldn't really get down in the snow, I brought in a little snowball for him to play with. He wasn't too sure about it and didn't really want to have anything to do with it, so I had Mara throw it back outside before it started melting.



Mara didn't get to spend too much time outside since I had to hold Jack the entire time. She started to build a snowman, but gave up. I told her to wait until her daddy got home from work to help her, but John opted to stay at work through lunch since the roads were questionable and didn't get home until after dark. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a snow day at school so that Mara will have more time to play in the snow.

No comments: