Sunday, November 21, 2010

Jack's Baptism

Mara was baptized right before Christmas, and I kind of thought we would do the same with Jack. When I found out the children's choirs were performing one Sunday in December, I thought it would be perfect because people would be able to come and see Mara sing and Jack get baptized. However, the church said no because they didn't have time for a baptism that day with all of the events planned for advent. So, last  Tuesday, we decided to have Jack baptized today. 







Here's Jack with his wet hair right after we sat back down.


And shortly after, he fell asleep in Uncle Rob's arms.


We had a hard time waking him back up and Mara had to hurry up so she could sing at the next service, so we didn't get very good family pictures. (Jack couldn't keep his eyes open.)




I feel bad that not all of our families could be there, but I think we would be hard pressed to find a date that's good for everyone. For those who weren't able to attend the baptism (or if you just want to watch it again), here is a video of the big event. You can even see where Jack lays his head down and gives the pastor a hug when he was walking around.


Right before Jack's baptism, Mara performed "In the Morning" with all of the children's choirs. 





Here is a video of the choir's performance.


After the services, we went to Olive Garden to celebrate. Jack really enjoyed his lunch of lemon, soups, pasta, and chicken.

No comments: