Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jack – 8 months

Jack is now eight months old. Two-thirds of the way to his first birthday. He's definitely at the fun age where he interacts with people more.

Despite my wishes, he has figured out how to get around now. He does the army crawl, pulling himself along with his arms. It kind of reminds me of an inchworm. He's gotten on his knees a couple of times but has yet to actually crawl. He also likes to stand with help and has been working on pulling himself up on things.

Jack has been trying to put some words together. One day, John didn't say hi to him, so he kept saying "da da da da" until John said something to him. Maybe that was just his consonant of the day, but maybe he was trying to get John's attention. He has also said "ba ba ba" when wanting his bottle or pacifier.

As I mentioned yesterday, Jack loves pancakes. I think he likes pumpkin-flavored ones more than plain, but he'll take any and all. He still loves his orange foods too (carrots and sweet potatoes), but luckily he doesn't have the orange nose and extremities.

I've been trying to get him to smile and show his new teeth when I say, "Cheese!" He definitely smiles, but he also sticks out his tongue. It's hard to get a picture of him without his tongue sticking out these days (as shown below).

It's amazing how much he's looking more and more like a little boy every day.





No comments: