Sunday, September 12, 2010

Splish, splash

Tuesday, September 7


The remains of Tropical Storm Hermine hit our area today, which meant lots and lots of rain. Mara and I went out to get the mail when there was a break in the rain, and she had fun splashing in the puddles.

Wednesday, September 8




Jack tried another new food today – green beans. I took some out of a can and pureed them. He seemed to like them and kept wanting more.

Thursday, September 9

See Thursday's post here.

Friday, September 10




We finally installed Jack's big boy car seat this evening, which meant we had our first experience of taking him out without the infant carrier. He did pretty well sitting in the highchair at Arby's, but we ended up carrying him around Target since he kept leaning in the shopping cart.

Saturday, September 11



The local Girl Scout council was hosting a bowling party, so I took Mara and Lani bowling. While there, we met up with a couple of the girls who are going to be in Mara's troop, and the four girls had a lot of fun. I think Mara is really looking forward to being a Daisy now, and Lani wants to join too.

Sunday, September 12


Today I took Mara to a reception for the kids who want to join choir at the church where she used to attend daycare (since we plan on transferring our membership there soon). She was excited that several of her old friends were going to be part of the choir too. They already have two performances scheduled for this fall.

No comments: