Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jack – 6 months

Jack is now closer to his first birthday than to the day he was born. Where has the little newborn that doesn't do much gone? He has grown so much and is entering the more interactive stage of development. I think Mara likes him even better now that he's becoming more interactive.

Jack loves to sit up and is getting better at doing it each day. He doesn't really prop himself up with his hands and arms much now, but he'll still fall backward or to the side without warning. He rolls from his back to his tummy and typically forgets that he can roll back. however, he will spin himself in circles and scoot pretty far just by wiggling on either his back or tummy. He sometimes gets up on his knees and has the marks to prove it, but he hasn't figured out how to get up on all fours yet. I'm fine with that since I'm not ready for him to be crawling just yet.

He still loves to talk. He's been working on his consonants recently, and is getting the Bs and Ds down. I think I even heard him say some Ms this morning. He has tried a lot of different foods since we started giving him some solids these past two weeks, and we can tell he does not like baby cereal (both rice and oatmeal) or avocados.

Jack likes to play with an activity ball that we got for him a couple of months ago. I recently pulled out Mara's old Roll Arounds, and he has already figured out how to turn them on and off. He loves our cats and wants to pet them all the time. He usually settles for stuffed animals, though, even if some of them are his sister's. He'll grab the stuffed animals and hug them and try to chew on them.










ETA 9/12: We took our 6-month family picture today—only a couple of days late. :) I decided to add it to this post since I had another picture for today.

No comments: