Wednesday, September 1
Mara and I attended a Girl Scout recruiting event tonight. She wasn't too sure about Girl Scouts until I started telling her all of the different things she can do as part of it, and they had lots of activities to do while the parents got information about the troops. For some reason she got it in her head that she wants to be a Brownie, but you don't become a Brownie until you're in second grade. Kindergartners and first graders are Daisies. I think she'll have a lot of fun being a Daisy once she gets over the fact she's not a Brownie (yet), and now we just have to wait to see what troop she'll be in. I even volunteered to be an assistant troop leader, so we'll see how that goes as well. I'm looking forward to going to the Girl Scout store to buy her stuff. :)
Thursday, September 2
I asked Jack's teachers to take some pictures of him at school this week. He's been doing a much better job at sitting up, and Ms. Lora said that he did really well with sitting when he had this piano in front of him to play. What's funny is that we have a picture of Mara at about the same age playing on a similar toy piano.
Friday, September 3
We had dinner with my sister and dad tonight, and Aunt Diannie decided it was time for Jack to try ice cream. I'm not sure if he liked the ice cream as much as the coldness on his mouth since he's still trying to cut some teeth.
Saturday, September 4
I took the kids to the Home Depot Kids Workshop today. They were making football holders, but if you turned it upside down, it could easily be a doll table. I think it's not too hard to figure out how Mara plans to use it – especially considering she doesn't even own a football.
Sunday, September 5
When I was pregnant, I debated whether we should get a new Boppy pillow for Jack or just use Mara's. We opted to get him his own since they changed the design, and now we're glad we did. We've been using Jack's Boppy to help him learn how to sit up or prop up while on his tummy, and Mara pulled her out to use as a floor pillow when watching TV.

No comments:
Post a Comment