Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy birthday, John!

Tuesday, September 14


Mara has homework every night Monday through Thursday. Most nights, she either has to draw something or do something verbally. Tonight, she needed to draw something that could be under her bed to show that she understands the word "under." She decided to draw a picture of Doxy under her bed.

Wednesday, September 15


We took some jars of pears to school so Jack can start eating more. That means he now gets to sit in the table with the chairs built in. I think he likes being a big boy now.

Thursday, September 16


I typically lay down with Mara for a few minutes every night. This gives us a chance to catch up with each other and gives us to Mommy & Daughter time. Tonight, Doxy decided she wanted to be where I was laying, so she crawled in between us and effectively pushed me out of Mara's bed. I don't think Mara minded too much.

Friday, September 17

See Friday's posts here and here.

Saturday, September 18




Today we celebrated John's birthday by running a bunch of errands and then going out to eat. (Although I don't think he was celebrating much when we were running about.) While eating Chinese for dinner, Mara managed to drip some sweet and sour sauce that made for a pretty funny sight.  And I think John liked the Star Wars pancake molds that I got for him.

Sunday, September 19






Lori and Lani participated in another skating event today. This time, they were in Arlington. Lani won first place in her group, while Lori came in third in hers. I was able to catch Lori in mid-jump, and I think the expression on her face is priceless. Jack kept himself entertained with an unopened bag of Cheetos while we were there. He loves that crinkling noise.

No comments: