Monday, September 13, 2010

He'll be missed

This has been a hard year for us. IT is with a heavy heart that I write that John's grandpa, John Senior, died yesterday. He had been in and out of the hospital this year, but we thought he was doing OK. Apparently he recently suffered another stroke and just didn't recover.

I hate it that all of this stuff has happened the year Jack was born. I'm sad that he will never get to know his great grandparents. At least he has been a bright spot in an pretty depressing year. And while we weren't able to do anything for John's grandma earlier this year, we're definitely going to Oklahoma for his grandpa's funeral.

I am so thankful that we went to Granbury back in June and got some pictures of all four Johns together. Here are some pictures that I found of John's grandpa, including several "generations" pictures that have been taking since shortly after my husband John was born.

2010



2009


2008





2007


2006



2005






2001



2000

1999

1977

ETA 10/2: I found some pictures that I missed from 2005–2007 as well as 2009 that I wanted to add to this post.

No comments: