Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jack – 5 weeks old

I realize I should have done this when Jack turned one month, but better late than never. :)

Jack's first few weeks were a little bit of a struggle as he refused to gain weight until we started giving him formula in addition to breast milk. Once we made that change, he has really grown. He's trying to talking with "goo" and "coo" here and there. He really likes to talk to the baby in the mirror when we're changing his diaper. He smiles quite frequently, but we're still waiting for his first "social" smile in response to us or something around him. We have heard him laugh a couple times in his sleep and can't wait until he starts doing it when he's awake. Big sister Mara likes him, but sometimes she gets tired of all of the attention he gets. She has influenced him on his choice of "loveys" as he already has started taking a liking to his burp cloths that are just like Mara's.

The time is just going by so fast. Before we know it, I will be returning to work and Jack will be going to daycare. We decided to go ahead and enroll him in a daycare closer to home. It will be a little difficult this summer with Jack and Mara in two different daycares, but it will be much easier on us this fall. Plus, we can us the daycare when needed for Mara, and they'll even pick her up from school.

Today, I was able to capture one of his partial smiles. And just to have record that he isn't happy all of the time, I took some pictures when he was tired of our photo session.



I hope to write something each month until Jack turns one year old to track his progress throughout the year. I realize now that I should do this for Mara as well, so look for me to recap her first five years in the upcoming days.

No comments: