We typically don't get a picture of Mara with Santa unless she's crying, and this year was no different. But we don't want to push her since I know what it's like to be scared of the big guy.
However, tonight we were near a Santa, and we asked Mara if she wanted to go in to see him. She wanted to get a look at him but not sit on his lap. Since it was kind of drizzly, no one was waiting, and we all encouraged her to go up to him. Her eyes lit up when she saw that he was giving away coloring books, but she still wasn't too sure about going up to him. I told her I would go up with her (just like I had to do with the pictures at SeaWorld), but she still kept her distance with me in between her and Santa most of the time. When he asked what she wanted for Christmas, she just replied, "Cloths for my baby brother."
Eventually, she got close enough to get her coloring book from him, but she wasn't going to stay close to him long enough to get a picture taken with him. At least she made some progress from past years, and maybe next year she'll have the courage to take her baby brother up to see Santa.
While we weren't able to get a picture of Mara with Santa, we were able to get this cute one of her in her Santa hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment