Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another hot Texas summer

Tuesday, July 7


Occasionally, Mara chooses to lay down and watch a show rather than read a book before bed, and today was one of those days.

Wednesday, July 8


It was another 100-plus degree day when I walked out the doors at work to go pick up Mara, but as I started heading toward her school, I saw some nasty clouds up ahead. A storm developed between my work and her school, and the storm had strong winds and hail.. Luckily, I wasn't caught in the storm, and it had already passed by the time I got to Mara's school.

Thursday, July 9


We met my dad at Cheddar's for dinner tonight. It had been a while since we had eaten at one, so we decided to try out the new one in Allen.

Friday, July 10


We finally broke down and bought a new TV last week. However, we went with a TV that wouldn't fit in our current entertainment center, so we had to buy a new one. John finished putting it together when we got home from dinner tonight.

Saturday, July 11






After being off for the Fourth of July last week, Mara resumed her ballet lessons today. She's really starting to get the various positions down. Afterward, she attended a birthday party for one of the girls in her class.

Sunday, July 12




We attended yet another birthday party today. This time, it was for Kristy, who I used to work with at TSG, and her son Ryan who turned 3 today. Mara had a lot of fun playing with the parachute and running around on the track at the party.

No comments: