Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza

The last several days have been full of Mara's birthday. It started with her party Saturday, and then my dad gave her her presents Sunday. Monday, she spent the evening playing with her new toys, and then Tuesday we celebrated her birthday as a family.

The weather was perfect for Mara's whale and dolphin party, and everyone who came had a good time. The kids got to play on the playground, have cake and cookie, feed the ducks and pigeons, fly kites, and play with bubbles. Mara finally decided she wanted to open her presents after her friends left.










When we were done at the park, we visited my dad in the hospital so Mara could open some family presents there.




Mara passed out in the car long before we got home.


Since my dad was in the hospital, we went to his house Sunday, and he gave Mara her presents then. She got a Tinkerbell clock and a Disney Princess bicycle. She was really excited about her presents from Granddad.




When we were home, Mara spent the time playing with all of the presents she had gotten so far.




On Tuesday, I took the afternoon off, picked up a cookie from Sam's, and went to Mara's school to celebrate her birthday. I stayed for a little while so I could see Mara interacting with her friends and teachers.





We then met John at home where Mara opened her presents from us. I think we went a little overboard this year, but we decided to clean out the toys from John's closet that we had been accumulating for over a year. :)



After presents, we let Mara pick where she wanted to go for dinner, and we met up with my dad and Diane at Chick-Fil-A. I think Mara had a really good birthday this year. She definitely got more than enough toys and games. :)

No comments: