Monday, January 21, 2008

Train Show

Yesterday, we took my dad to the Dallas Area Train Show. He has always been interested in model trains, and I remember him and my brothers playing with them when I was little. Ever since my mom got sick last year, Diane and I have been trying to get him to get back into them as a hobby.

Well, the train show was a big hit. My dad loved walking around looking at all the vendor booths and talking to the people there. He got a lot of information about the various clubs and organizations around here, so hopefully that will give him something to do. Diane and I were also able to find out a little more about the time he actually worked for the Kansas City Southern Railway (back when he and my mom first got married). We also got a lot of ideas for what to get him for his birthday, Father's Day, etc. :)

Mara also like going around and looking at the exhibits. Ever since we called and invited my dad to the show, she kept talking about going to see Thomas and insisted on wearing her Thomas shirt.

And now for something different, I'm going to try to actually post some pictures on this blog.








These are untouched pictures, but I figured this would be a quicker way to get them posted so you guys can see. I'm sure I'll upload more to the website when I've updated them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cool. I didn't know your dad liked trains. They are fun, the trains I mean, and the guys too.

love the pics.