Today would have been my mom's 70th birthday. It is also the 6-month mark since she left us. I miss my mom so much - sometimes more than others and especially this week. I wish she could have been around to celebrate this milestone as well as her and Daddy's 50th anniversary back in September. At least I know that she is in a much better place and completely healed after suffering from various ailments for so long, and one day we'll all get to see her again.
Also, tomorrow is my sister-in-law Myra's birthday, so I want to wish her a happy birthday as well.
This day also marks an anniversary for John and I. It's not one that we really celebrate, but it's hard to forget when it happened since it was my mom's birthday. Eleven years ago today, John asked me out on our first date. Sure, it took some persuasion from the rest of the staff at the O'Colly (OSU's newspaper), but John and I were on track to start dating anyway – they just gave him the needed push. And I'm very thankful for that. Who knew on that day that we would end up a happily married couple who is getting ready to celebrate 10 years together this June.
1 comment:
hey there,
thinking about you this past week. It is hard right now and all the correct words don't make it better. But know you have lots of prayer surrounding you.
and I gotta add, two of my friends have asked if you were pregnant. Don't know what that means, but I'm adding that on to my prayers as well.
much love,
Pat
Post a Comment