Growing up, my mom always made chocolate chip cookies during the holidays. I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but I haven't seen it elsewhere. This recipe makes a good, chewy, not too thick cookie that stays fresh for a long time. Plus, both the dough and the baked cookies freeze well.
To carry on the tradition, Lori and I (along with a little help from Mara and Lani) made the cookies today to leave out for Santa this weekend. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 stick softened oleo (margarine)
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
4.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
Chocolate chips (at least 2 cups)
Preheat over to 375 degrees.
Cream oleo, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
Sift flour, salt, and baking soda. Add slowly to creamed mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
This is a double batch.




No comments:
Post a Comment